EnVi’s beauty team find inspiration in NCT 127’s comebacks filled with unique visuals and special lyrics. Take a look at how a few comebacks inspired these awesome looks!
Comeback: “Cherry Bomb”
What inspired you the most when creating this look?: This look is inspired by NCT 127’s “Cherry Bomb.” For me, I loved how creative the artwork was for “Cherry Bomb.” It was so colorful and so iconic that I had to incorporate the motifs in my design. The pink, yellow, and blue all complement each other well, whilst being some of the most stand-out colors of the artwork, so I kept with that palette.
I really wanted to keep the look wearable. Although it’s bold, I kept my look compact- much like the physical album- and left it only in my lids, creating a fun cut-crease.
- P Louise
- Morphe Colour Burst
- Clarins Supra Volume
- Anastasia Beverly Hills Dip Brow Pomade
- Docolor Neon Green collection
- Docolor Summer Heat collection
What inspired you the most when creating this look?: This look is inspired by NCT 127’s “Chain.” If you missed Taylor and I raving about the makeup in “Chain”, don’t worry, I got you. Besides everything already said, in a more practical way, there are two main points in the makeup that always catch my attention and I wanted to replicate: Mark’s red eyeshadow and Jaehyun’s glitter eyeliner. On top of that, one important part of it is the words written in brush-like strokes on the members’ faces. In the music video, they said “from Seoul to Tokyo” as this was their first Japanese album. I personally decided to keep it simple and just wrote “Chain.”
- SP Colors Strawberry Cocktail eyeshadow palette
- Ruby Rose Glow Duo highlighter in 02 Dourado
- Ruby Rose Glitter Shine eyeliner in 04
- Essence Tiny Tip Precise brow pen
- Colormake face paint (Kit Tinta Cremosa) – Black
- Benefit Hello Happy Flawless Brightening Foundation in 2 – Light Warm
- Essence Lash Princess mascara
- Essence Soft Precise lip pencil in 05 Legendary
- Peripera Ink Velvet lip tint in 03 Red Only
- Vult Lip Oil
Comeback: “Kick It”
What inspired you the most when creating this look? : This look is inspired by NCT 127’s “Kick It.” “Kick It” contains iconic imagery representing motifs from Bruce Lee movies and Kill Bill. The yellow background of “Kick It” was a major inspiration for the look. Focusing on simplicity and accessibility, the look is much like the music video. As the members dance passionately behind a yellow background, I wanted my eyes to mirror that. The look incorporates yellow and black. With a matte yellow eye and thick black eyeliner. This is a more reserved and masculine look than what I usually do. Using glitter, I also wanted to represent the metallic figures in the video that can be seen throughout. The look is also an everyday look that can be worn for every occasion.
- Yves Saint Laurent: All Hours Concealer
- Yves Saint Laurent: All Hours Longwear Natural Matte Foundation
- FENTY BEAUTY by Rihanna: Gloss Bomb Universal Lip Luminizer
- Anastasia Beverly Hills: Alyssa Edwards Palette (Shade Brick Road)
- Violet Voss: Best of Life Palette
- NYX Professional Makeup Epic Wear Long Lasting Matte Liquid Eyeliner
- Maybelline Great Lash Mascara
What inspired you the most when creating this look? The moment I thought of “Touch,” I instantly thought of Jaehyun’s monochromatic blue moment from the era. I also couldn’t think of “Touch” without thinking of the boys jumping on that feather-filled bed situation with white shirts and blue jeans. I tend to not do too much color when it comes to my typical makeup, but the moment I saw Jaehyun’s teaser pictures I knew I wanted to do an all-blue look. So I did a cut crease incorporating the different shades of blue from Jaehyun’s teaser photos as well as the white from the feathers when the boys were jumping at the end of the music video.
- L’Oreal Infallible Pro Glow Foundation in 209 Caramel Beige
- Tarte Shape Tape Concealer in 47S Tan-Deep Sand
- Wet n Wild MegaGlo Contouring Palette in Caramel Toffee
- Milani Baked Bronzer in Soleil
- Anastasia Beverly Hills Blush Trio in Peachy Love
- Stila Heaven’s Hue Highlighter in Kitten and Bronze
- Benefit Precisely My Brow Pencil
- Ccolor Cosmetics Unisex 3 Palette
- Beauty Bay The Hydrographic Palette
- Makeup Geek Eyeshadow Pan in Neptune
- L’Oreal Lash Paradise in Mystic Black
- ColourPop Pressed Pigment in hop on
- ColourPop Lippie Pencil in bff pencil 3
- Maybelline New York Vivid Hot Lacquer in 64 Unreal
- Morphe Continuous Setting Mist
Comeback: “SAVE” (NCT 127 x Amoeba Culture)
What inspired you the most when creating this look?: I was inspired mostly by the lyrics of this song. “Saving you, saving me / memories of love / all the things that in my sight / 127 ’til infinite time,” carries a depth to it that I really wanted to portray. As humans, we are constantly making technological advancements for the betterment of our society and I think we can find comfort in creating tools that will save us and our universe.
The eyeshadow is heavily colored with green and blue to represent the earth we are trying to save as well.
The metallic crown and tears are a nod to the Virgin Mary, a savior that many people look up to. She is a symbol of hope, a figure to represent faith and love to many.
- BPerfect Carnival XL Pro Palette
- Gavissi (previously known as Glam Vice) liners in Spandex, Mood Ring, Disco Fever, and Skate Date)
- UCANBE Face Paint (Oil Based)
- Fenty Pro Filt’r Foundation
- Mac Lip Liner in Burgundy
Comeback: “Simon Says”
What inspired you the most when creating this look? The main inspiration for this look was the fashion of “Simon Says.” The concept reminded me of editorial magazines a bit, so I wanted to play into that. The cover of the Regulate album has a pretty neutral color palette: various shades of browns with blacks, greys, and whites. Though the palette is simple, the looks were still bold. I immediately thought of Rihanna’s cover of British Vogue. The focus being on the “truth” written across her eyes, with a natural-looking base. I decided to write “Simon” across my eyes in bold black font on top of a fresh-looking base. I wanted something that was simple, but striking.
- Wet N Wild Photofocus Face Primer: Dewy Lumineux
- L’Oreal Infallible Pro-Glow foundation
- ULTA beauty moisturizing foundation stick
- Anastasia Beverly Hills Banana Setting Powder
- Too Faced Chocolate Soleil Matte Bronzer
- Too Faced diamond Light Highlighter in Canary Diamond
- Wet N Wild Megaliner
- GooGoo 3d Mink Eyelashes
- Colourpop Oh Snap Pencil Lippie Pencil
- Colourpop BFF Pencil 3 Lippie Pencil
- Milani Make It Last Natural Finish Setting Spray