India’s COVID crisis
India is currently facing its worst surge of COVID-19. Since March 2021, there has been an exponential growth in the number of daily COVID-19 cases.
As of May 2021 (when this information was recorded), India is officially the country with the second-highest number of confirmed COVID-19 cases in the world. With 26.3 million reported cases and 295,525 deaths, India is in dire need of help now more than ever before. Currently, with 41 million people fully vaccinated, India has reached only 3% of its total population to have been vaccinated.
India needs our help
There are multiple organizations working in and outside India to help with the crisis. Funds are being raised to feed the COVID patients across the country and provide them with oxygen cylinders, medicine, and basic needs.
Here are some organizations working to help:
- Supporting the mental health needs of COVID-19 frontline workers and relief volunteers through support groups, therapy, and access to a helpline. These funds are to pay mental health professionals and infrastructure to support. https://www.ourdemocracy.in/Campaign/covid19mentalhealth
- “Making The Difference” works with public hospitals and nursing homes to provide healthcare equipment and supplies. Providing ration kits and grocery kits to daily wage earners. https://www.donatekart.com/MTD/Save-Patients/
- Red Bricks Café is delivering food to families who have tested positive, attendants, migrant workers, and more. Donations will be used to help those who are in isolation and unable to cook, those experiencing hunger including an increased number of wage laborers, stranded migrant workers, homeless, and more. https://www.ketto.org/fundraiser/free-meals-for-covid-patients-attendants-migrant-workers-and-more
- Khaana Chahiye: Mumbai is battling hunger along with Covid-19. Meet the immediate, lockdown-induced food demands of the homeless, migrant workers, daily wage laborers, and other vulnerable populations in the city of Mumbai. Cater to: Homeless in arterial roads of the city and Slum clusters: Nehru Nagar (Juhu), Ambedkar Nagar, etc. https://fundraisers.giveindia.org/fundraisers/khaanachahiye-mumbai-is-battling-hunger-along-with-covid-19-again
- Yahya Rahmani team is helping to provide the Ration kits/Food packets for needy families in UP and Bihar. Their team helped 1000+ families to date and continues to extend the support. https://milaap.org/fundraisers/support-yahya-rahmani
- To help with 50,000+ PPE Kits for the staff of 300 ambulances that require a minimum of 5 kits a day, per person. Extending free ambulance support to the poor. Incentivizing an army of drivers to join the cause and reinvigorate ambulance supply. https://www.ketto.org/fundraiser/getHelpNow
- To supply food and medical aid to at least 1500 tribal & rural families of Raigad (Maharashtra). Most of these families are Below Poverty Line belonging to PVTG (Particularly Vulnerable Tribal Group) Tribe and they are affected by Shutdown due to Coronavirus Pandemic. https://milaap.org/fundraisers/support-below-poverty-line-tribal-and-rural-families?utm_source=whatsapp&utm_medium=fundraisers-title&mlp_referrer_id=4757566
- IMRC – Indian Muslim Relief and Charities supporting Sahayata Trust Hyderabad: COVID relief/medical assistance and feeding the underprivileged https://imrc.kindful.com/
- Help Nagaland Breathe to assist Hilly remote areas, villages in Nagaland where healthcare infrastructure is crumbling. They suffered limited medical supplies, frequent power cuts, limited healthcare workers, and inadequate medical supplies. https://milaap.org/fundraisers/support-covid-19-patients-109
- A curated list of opportunities to donate for COVID relief in India. You can filter if you want to make overseas donations https://mutualaidindia.com/?utm_source=gdoc
Join us to help
EnVi is raising funds for the international NGO Khalsa Aid. Khalsa Aid is working to provide critical COVID patients with free oxygen concentrators and raise funds. Click the button below to donate.
image source: Khalsa Aid