Welcome to EnVi Eatery! It can be hard to find the time to prepare a full meal when you’re preoccupied with school or work. However, putting together a meal for yourself can be rewarding in various ways. Not only will you save money from eating out or ordering delivery, but it also provides a small break from your busy day to do something fun. For those who want to cook but don’t have the time to prepare ingredients or put something complex together, EnVi has created a list of quick, easy meal ideas using store-bought kits that you can personalize with ingredients from home!
BCD Soon Tofu Soup Kit
Created by BCD Tofu House, a restaurant that specializes in soondubu jjigae (Korean soft tofu stew), the BCD Soon Tofu Soup Kit allows you to make a warm bowl of tofu stew in just minutes. The soup kit is available in three different spice levels or plain flavoring. Included in the kit are a sauce packet and a tray of soft tofu. You can add any ingredients you have at home, such as meat, seafood, vegetables, or eggs.
- If you’re adding meat or vegetables to your soup, sauté in a small pot or a hot-stone pot.
- Add sauce packet to the pot and stir.
- In the same pot, add 150 ml of water and bring to a boil. The amount of water can be adjusted to your preferences. Since soft tofu has more water content than firm tofu, you can even use less water to start.
- Add additional toppings/ingredients, such as enoki mushrooms or eggs.
- Break up tofu into smaller pieces and add to soup, stir thoroughly.
- Serve and enjoy with a bowl of rice.
Charoen Pokphand’s Authentic Asia Shrimp Wonton
Wonton soup is a popular soup dish from Chinese cuisine. For those who may not have the time to prepare the wonton filling or wrap every individual wonton, Charoen Pokphand’s Authentic Asia’s Shrimp Wonton Soup conveniently brings the taste and comfort of wonton soup in just minutes. The Shrimp Wonton kit includes 50 pre-wrapped shrimp wontons (10 servings) with six packages of soup powder, saving you time preparing the wontons and putting together the broth. While the wonton soup itself is a delicious, comforting dish on its own, you can also add wonton noodles and other ingredients to elevate the meal.
Because the instructions listed on the packaging are for five servings, EnVi has adjusted the portions of the recipe into single servings for anyone looking to make a quick lunch for themself, but feel free to make further adjustments suited to you!
- If you’d like to add wonton noodles to your meal, add noodles into boiling water until al dente, then strain, and transfer to a bowl.
- Add 1 packet of soup powder to 220 ml of boiling water and stir to dissolve to make soup broth.
- In another pot, add 8-9 frozen wontons to 720 ml of boiling water. Boil for 4 minutes.
- Remove wontons from water and place in broth. You can also add other ingredients to the soup, such as bok choy.
- Transfer all the cooked ingredients into a bowl. Garnish with green onions and enjoy with chili oil!
Pulmuone Vietnamese-Style Pho
Pho, a popular noodle soup in Vietnamese cuisine, has a broth that is both savory and refreshing. Typically, it takes hours to prepare the broth, so if you decided to make pho at home, you would have to plan time to prepare and cook. However, Pulmuone’s Vietnamese-Style Pho gives you the option of making a bowl of pho straight from your fridge! Each package contains two servings with two packets of rice noodles, soup base, dried vegetable topping, and herb-flavored oil. It is encouraged to add any toppings or vegetables according to your preference to emulate a restaurant-quality dish!
- Boil the rice noodles for 1 minute and 30 seconds. Strain noodles and transfer them into a bowl.
- Boil 500 ml of water with the soup base packet.
- Add additional ingredients of your choice, such as thinly sliced meat or meatballs.
- Transfer soup into a bowl, then add the herb-flavored oil and dried vegetable toppings.
- Serve with bean sprouts, chili peppers, cilantro, basil, or lime.
Surasang 88 Seoul Topokki
Tteokbokki is a popular Korean street-food item that is perfect for a meal or a filling snack during your busy day. These chewy rice cakes are eaten in a sweet, savory, and spicy sauce and are commonly topped with cheese, fish cakes, and boiled eggs. Surasang 88 Seoul Topokki offers a variety of tteokbokki kits with varying spice levels and inclusions. The kits include rice cakes, fish cakes, and sauce – everything you need to make a dish of tteokbokki at home!
- Soak rice cakes and fish cakes in water for about 10-20 minutes, or until gently loosened.
- Heat 300 ml of water in a wok or pan.
- When the water starts to boil, add wheat pasta, noodles, fish cake, and sauce to cook for 4-5 minutes. Stir constantly to prevent sticking.
- Optional: add green onions, fried dumplings, boiled eggs, or cheese, depending on your preference.
Stir-fried noodles and rice dishes are the perfect quick, easy meals to put together when you’re low on time but want something filling. These dishes are convenient and can be customized in many different ways using any ingredients you have in your fridge. Myojo’s Premium Original Yakisoba brings the sweet and savory taste of the classic Japanese stir-fried noodle dish to your table in minutes. The product includes two servings of chewy, thick noodles and a classic yakisoba, Worcester flavor sauce that goes great with any choice of vegetables or meat!
- In a pan or wok, heat 2 tsp of oil and cook meat. Add vegetables, then stir fry until soft.
- Add defrosted noodles to the same pan and stir fry for 30 seconds.
- Add ¼ cup of water to loosen the noodles, then stir fry everything for 2-3 minutes until the water evaporates. If the noodles are sticking, add more oil as needed.
- Lower heat and add sauce. Stir fry together for 30 seconds and mix well, then serve.
From soup to snacks, these quick, easy meals are the perfect option for a busy day or a late-night comfort meal. These meal kits include everything you need to make the base of each dish, making it convenient to start cooking right away. The kits can also be customized in a number of ways using any ingredients you conveniently have at home. With these meal kits, cooking can be convenient and quick, so keep an eye out for these kits the next time you visit the grocery store or your local Asian market!
Interested in more recipes? Check out EnVi’s 2023 winter recipes here!